Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Minnie Pearl Meadows




Greg and I got Minnie in 2000.  She was only 5 weeks old and weighed under a pound when we brought her home.  She crawled under our bedroom door the first night we had her.  She was the tiniest puppy I have ever seen.  She was full of life and personality.  She quickly made her way into our lives and hearts.  She went to work with Greg everyday until I was home for the summer.  Different people took turns holding our little bundle of energy.  Minnie was more than a pet to us.  She was our first daughter.  We loved her more than some people love their children I believe.  She was so smart and you could look in her eyes and see how bright she really was.  She and Ava quickly bonded after Ava wa born.  I would many nights find Minnie under Ava's crib, in her laundry basket, or outside her bedroom door.  When Ava moved to a big girl bed,  Minnie began sleeping with Ava.  Minnie laid in a special pink chair in Ava's playroom anytime Ava was playing.  We were devastated to learn that Minnie had tonsillar cell carcinoma in January.  Greg had to take her to be put to sleep just a few weeks later.  We are still getting use to a house without Minnie.  Thank you to all that sent cards, calls, and emails.  We appreciate everyone!

3 comments:

Janet Morgan said...

I'm still so sorry that you all lost sweet little Minnie. I know how much you loved her! At least you have such wonderful memories of her and especially with Ava & Minnie. She was a lucky dog to have you all to love her!

Unknown said...

I am so sorry! I know how much this must have hurt!

lani said...

Shannon, I hope one day our girls can get together and play like we did. That would be so wonderful! Loving the blogs!