Monday, March 2, 2009

Ava is Three Today!!!






Ava is three today.  I can't believe it has already been three years since Ava was born.  We have been celebrating since Thursday and the fun just keeps on coming.  
Ava got her Princess FJ Cruiser a little bit earlier after she found out she was getting it.  The one we bought had been returned and the bumper and hood were broken.  She and I took it back on Thursday.  The store was very good about sending out a guy to my car to get it out and put it in the back.  We went in a few minutes later and got our money back.  I thought I had been so sneaky.  HA!  We were leaving the parking lot and Ava says,"  Why did you take my pink Princess car back?"  I didn't know if I should laugh or cry.  I decided to come clean and we went all around town to find another one.  We brought it home and Greg put it together.  After about 30 minutes she told Greg to hurry up because she needed to go to Knoxville and pick up Kate. 
Saturday, we had the family dinner for Ava's birthday.  She picked Pei Wei and Maggie Cows as she calla Maggie Moos.  She loves the lemon pepper shrimp, rice, and strawberry ice-cream.  
Today is the big day.  We let her open the presents she had left and some cards that had come in the mail.  She wore her cupcake outfit and her princess tiara to school.  We took a snack of yogurt covered raisins, strawberries, and juice boxes.  She was so excited until I left.  I think she thought I would stay all day at school.  When I pick her up, we will go to the science museum and dinner tonight.  She told me she wants to go to Chick-fil-a.  I am certain I will not be able to sway her towards a more exciting choice, but I must admit I love it too.  
Her Fancy Nancy party is Saturday.  We have a lot of kiddies coming to the house.  It should be interesting...

1 comment:

Janet Morgan said...

Happy Birthday to our sweet, sweet Ava! Love all the pictures! She looks like such a big girl now! Kate can't wait to drive her around in the princess car this weekend. We can't wait to celebrate with you all!! Hugs & Kisses to the birthday girl!